The Axy-Trek Mini is a small data logger with GPS and tri-axial accelerometer. Pressure/temperature (TDR), light sensors and water-switch can be included in this device. This combination allows a new range of behavioural studies such as the identification of the time budget behaviour performed by an animal in relation to its spatiotemporal position. Axy-Trek was used in several species of reptiles, birds, and mammals.
Pressure sensor (TDR) for the aquatic animals can be used to identify dive depth up to 300 meters. A dedicated pressure sensor for flying animals can measure flight altitude.
The accelerometer or the pressure sensor or the wet/dry sensor can all be used to switch on/off the GPS to reduce battery consumption.
Axy-Trek is highly customizable to meet all possible research needs, and be used in a wide range of species. Available with a high-efficiency solar panel.
- Small size from 24x14x7 mm and weight 4.5 g with splash-proof
- Waterproof casing durability guarantee up to 30 atm (300 meters depth)
- GPS activated by activity sensor (user configurable)
- Fully schedulable GPS
- Acceleration frequency from 1 to 100 Hz with resolution from 1 to 8 g.
- Start delay
- GPS switch on/off when in the water
- Rechargeable Li-Po battery
- Available with high-efficiency solar panel
- Available with different types of attachment
- Available with pressure/temperature (TDR), light sensors and water-switch
** All our devices come with Software and data cable for communication included in the price
*** Al our products have a warranty of 2 years against production issues