The Axy-Trek Marine High Depth (HD) is a new data logger designed for all marine animals that reach high depth. It has a new pressure sensor that can record up to 1000 meters depth and a fast response temperature sensor. It also has a GPS internal antenna, and a tri-axial accelerometer. The combination of GPS and accelerometer allows researchers to collect a large amount of different behavioural data at once, allowing a new range of behavioural studies. The high-resolution accelerometer measures the acceleration of the body along with three directions and that allows the researcher to characterize different behavioural patterns and estimate the energy expenditure.
Light sensors and water-switch can be included in this device. Such add-in sensor can be used in specific situations where is needed to switch on/off the GPS to significantly extend the recording time of Axy-Trek. Despite the Axy-Trek Marine was designed for marine species, it can be used also in terrestrial animals where an internal antenna is needed.
Axy-Trek Marine has been used in several species of reptiles, birds, and mammals.
Axy-Trek is highly customizable to meet all possible research needs, and be used in a wide range of species. Available with a high-efficiency solar panel.
- Small size from 65 x 40 x 15 mm mm and weight 45 g (in air) with battery and casing
- Waterproof casing durability guarantee up to 100 atm (1000 meters depth)
- Pressure sensor (TDR) to record up to 1000 meters depth
- Fast response temperature sensor
- GPS activated by activity sensor (user configurable)
- Fully schedulable GPS
- Acceleration frequency from 1 to 100 Hz with resolution from -1 +1 G to -16 +16 G
- Start delay
- GPS switch on/off when in the water
- Rechargeable Li-Po battery
- Available with high-efficiency solar panel
- Available with a different types of attachments
** All our devices come with Software and data cable for communication included in the price
*** Al our products have a warranty of 2 years against production issues