Axy 5 S is the small version of the Axy 5 family. This device is indicated where a longer battery duration is needed compared to the XS version. This version represents a good compromise between the battery duration and low weight and size of the device.
Axy 5 S is the evolution of Axy 4 with several improvements: it includes now a magnetometer and has the possibility to fully schedule the recording sessions. Now you can prolong the battery life and record only when is needed.
Axy 5 S measures the acceleration of the body along three axes and that allows you to characterize different behavioral patterns and estimate energy expenditure. The device also includes a temperature sensor and an optional pressure sensor.
The Axy 5 S accelerometer can record continuously for several weeks, 24/7 if you do not need a schedule. Highly customizable to be used with a wide range of species.
Available with a pressure sensor (for flying and marine animals).
- Very small size from 22x13x10mm and weight from 4.5g with waterproof casing (up to 300 meters depth)
- Very long duration: a 4.5g device can last up to 60 days at 25hz
- Fully schedulable recording: date, time, and frequency to save battery
- Acceleration frequency from 1 to 100 Hz with a range from -1 +1 G to -16 +16 G
- Resolution of accelerometer up to 12 bits recording
- Magnetometer recording frequency at 1 Hz
- Available with different attaching types
- It can be mounted on lightweight collars (<10g) and backpacks (from 8.0g) for a wide range of animals
- Rechargeable Li-Po battery
- High sensitivity pressure sensor available
- Solar panel available
** All our devices come with Software and data cable for communication included in the price
*** Al our products have a warranty of 2 years against production issues