Axy 4 S is the small version of the Axy 4 family. This device is indicated where a longer battery duration is needed compared to the XS version. This version represents a good compromise between the battery duration and low weight in a small size casing.
The Axy 4 S accelerometer can record continuously for several weeks, 24/7. Highly customizable to be used with a wide range of species.
Axy 4 S measures the acceleration of the body along three axes and that allows you to characterise different behavioural patterns and estimate energy expenditure.
The device also includes a temperature sensor. Available with a pressure sensor (TDR) for flying and marine animals.
- Very small size from 22x13x10mm and weight from 4.5g with waterproof casing (up to 60 meters depth)
- Very long duration: a 4.5g device can last up to 60 days at 25hz
- Acceleration frequency from 1 to 100 Hz with a range from 1 to 8G
- Resolution of accelerometers at 8 or 10 bits
- Available with different attaching types
- Can be mounted on lightweight collars (<10g) and backpack and harness (from 5g) for a wide range of animals
- Rechargeable Li-Po battery
- High sensitivity pressure sensor available (TDR)
- Solar panel available
** All our devices come with Software and data cable for communication included in the price
*** Al our products have a warranty of 2 years against production issues