GiPSy 2 is our micro GPS data-logger which is the core device for most of the GPS applications.
It is very small and light (less than 2 g),
can use antennas of different types, and can be operated by rechargeable or non-rechargeable
batteries of various sizes.
GiPSy 2 has high sensitivity and low power consumption and can be connected to a blue-tooth transmitter to allow remote data download up to a distance of 150 m.
or Click here for a brief explanation of pros and cons of GPS technology
- Very small size, only 35x15.5x4mm with chip antenna
- 1.8g without battery
- Easy to program to record positions adjustable from 1 fix/sec (high resolution mode) to larger time intervals up to minutes and hours
- Low power consumption: 32 mAh in high resolution mode (1 fix/sec), 0.5-13 mA in power saving modes (lower resolution)
- Data delivered in four formats including *.kml, this latter directly visible on Google Earth
- A blue-tooth transmitter can be connected for remote configuration of the unit and downloading of data
- Suitable for attachment on collars and application for medium-size mammals
- rechargeable battery of user-defined capability
- USB-to-RS232 USB data cable
- CD-ROM with GiPSy Software
(for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows7, x86 and x64 architecture)