The Axy-Trek Marine is a small data logger with GPS internal antenna, a tri-axial accelerometer, and a pressure sensor (TDR). The pressure sensor records up to 300 meters depth. The combination of GPS and accelerometer allows researchers to collect a large amount of different behavioural data at once, allowing a new range of behavioural studies. The high-resolution accelerometer measures the acceleration of the body along with three directions and that allows the researcher to characterize different behavioural patterns and estimate the energy expenditure.
Light sensors and water-switch can be included in this device. Such add-in sensor can be used in specific situations where is needed to switch on/off the GPS to significantly extend the recording time of Axy-Trek. Despite the Axy-Trek Marine was designed for marine species, it can be used also in terrestrial animals where an internal antenna is needed.
Axy-Trek Marine has been used in several species of reptiles, birds, and mammals.
Axy-Trek is highly customizable to meet all possible research needs, and be used in a wide range of species. Available with a high-efficiency solar panel.
- Small size from 40 x 20 x 8 mm and weight 14 g with battery and casing
- Waterproof casing durability guarantee up to 30 atm (300 meters depth)
- Pressure/temperature sensor (TDR) to record up to 300 meters depth
- GPS activated by activity sensor (user configurable)
- Fully schedulable GPS
- Acceleration frequency from 1 to 100 Hz with resolution from 1 to 8 g.
- Start delay
- GPS switch on/off when in the water
- Rechargeable Li-Po battery
- Available with high-efficiency solar panel
- Available with different type of attachments
** All our devices come with Software and data cable for communication included in the price
*** Al our products have a warranty of 2 years against production issues